Temporary FRIM Teacher Grade 8-9 Math and Science
Position: Temporary Full-Time Grade 8-9 Math and Science Teacher – French Immersion
Location: Harry Collinge High School – Hinton, AB
Start Date: Duties to commence August 29, 2023 until June 30, 2024, or upon the return of the incumbent, whichever happens sooner
Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE Monday-Friday
The competition will remain open until: May 19, 2023
A dual-track (English and French Immersion) high school in Hinton, Alberta. Located under an hour east of Jasper, Alberta. Harry Collinge High School resides in the Grande Yellowhead Public School Division, a senior high school providing excellent education to approximately 500 students, grades 8-12.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be a collaborative person with proficiency in the use of educational technology and have an understanding of assessment for learning. The responsibilities include:
- Providing instruction to promote high quality student-centered learning.
- Designing and preparing lessons based on curriculum and following a variety of methodology in teaching and instructing students, including lectures, demonstrations and discussions.
- Facilitating inclusive educational practices to maximize educational opportunities for all students.
- Reviewing and evaluating each student’s performance, knowledge and skills and meeting all reporting and assessment deadlines.
- Adhering to provincial legislation, board policy and division administrative procedures.
- Developing constructive relationships with parents.
- Modelling commitment to professional development.
Additional comments: The teaching assignment will include grade 8 & 9 French Immersion Math and Science, and other complementary subjects to complete the assignment.
Qualifications and requirements
The successful candidate will:
- Possess an Alberta Teaching Certificate or be eligible for one.
- Have experience in following the Teaching Quality Standard (TQS) and infusing literacy across the curriculum.
- Fluent in written and conversational French.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree of Education.
Apply online or email HRsupport@gypsd.ca