Temp Educational Assistants (Supply)
The Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board operates 32 elementary schools, 3 middle schools and 8 secondary schools, as well as an adult education program that provides quality Catholic education to 20,201 students. The board employs 1,199 full time equivalent elementary and secondary teachers as well as 870 support staff, which includes principals, vice principals, educational assistants, child and youth workers, early childhood educators, IT technicians, campus ministers, school office support, custodial and maintenance staff, as well as board office administration and other professional staff.
Educational Assistants (Supply)
The Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board (WECDSB) invites applications for the role of Temporary Educational Assistant. The Educational Assistant is responsible for the support to students with exceptional needs within our Elementary and Secondary schools, our focus is on the success of our most vulnerable, by creating positive, welcoming, safe learning environments where every child can achieve success. Candidates must be available to work on an on-call basis Monday to Friday throughout Windsor-Essex County.
Qualifications and requirements
Applicants must possess a secondary school diploma and two year or three year Community College Diploma in one of the following: Child & Youth Care, Educational Assistant, Developmental Services Worker, Educational Support Worker, Autism and Behavioural Science
Preference will be given to those applicants who also possess;
- 1-2 years of related experience with school aged special needs children
- Ability to perform physical tasks including lifting, transferring, toileting and diapering procedures as required
- Current Behaviour Management Systems, First Aid and CPR training is an asset
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a team setting
- An understanding and commitment to confidentiality
- An awareness and appreciation of Catholic Education and the Board’s Mission Statement
- A valid driver’s licence is required
Applicants must include cover letter and resume, as well as a copy of your diploma and any additional certificates.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.