Student Supervision Assistant (Grade 1 to 6)
Calgary French & International School (CFIS) is a full French language immersion co-educational independent school, serving over 750 students from preschool through to Grade 12. CFIS develops each student’s individual and academic potential in an academically rigorous program that is enriched with internationally-focused learning experiences and engagement in athletics and the fine arts. CFIS values openness, inquisitiveness, and understanding of both the community and the world beyond each student’s experience, and provides its students and employees with opportunities to lead and grow in a culture of mutual respect, creativity, innovation, and critical thinking. CFIS is a caring and supportive community for its students, faculty, and staff.
REPORTS TO: Principal of Elementary
POSITION GROUP: Support Staff
STATUS: Part-Time, Probationary
CFIS is seeking candidates for a part-time Student Supervision Assistant position in our elementary division for the 2022-2023 school year. The successful candidate will work in our grades 1 to 6 classrooms. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide thorough and active supervision of students at all times, and developmentally appropriate behavioural guidance on the playground and in the school;
- Supervise outdoor play, snack, rest, and meal times;
- Assist in the implementation of the daily program and instructional activities;
- Participate in maintaining a safe, clean, and welcoming classroom environment;
- Support children’s ongoing development and growth, in alignment with best practices in French immersion education;
- Lead and implement before- or after-school programming for students in preschool to Grade 6;
- Maintain professional attitudes and loyalty to CFIS;
- Participate in professional workshops or courses;
- Maintain confidentiality about children, their families, and other employees inside and outside of the school; and
- Other duties as needed.
Qualifications and requirements
- Early Childhood Education certification with a minimum of Level 1 Child Care Worker required;
- Valid Standard Level B (Childcare) First Aid certification;
- Fluent spoken French is an asset.
Prior experience with children aged 5-12 is desirable. The successful candidate will need to provide an updated Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (two shots approved by Health Canada) prior to commencing work.
Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Awareness of best practices in French immersion education;
- Awareness of licensing and accreditation requirements in early childhood programs;
- Sensitivity to the needs and feelings of others;
- Warm, friendly, positive personality;
- Ability to relate well to children and colleagues;
- Exemplary communication skills;
- Professionalism in dealing with all stakeholders;
- Interpersonal skills that foster collegiality and blends with CFIS’s values; and
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and growth.
As per the CFIS hourly pay grid.
The hours for these positions are:
- 11:30 am to 2:45 pm when school is in session, or
- 11:30 am to 5:30 pm when school is in session
The posting will remain open until the position is filled. If you meet the above qualifications, Apply Now. All applicants are thanked in advance for their submissions.