Social Emotional Learning Strategist, Secondary
Calgary French & International School (CFIS) is a full French language immersion co-educational independent school, serving over 750 students from preschool through to Grade 12. CFIS develops each student’s individual and academic potential in an academically rigorous program that is enriched with internationally-focused learning experiences and engagement in athletics and the fine arts. CFIS values openness, inquisitiveness, and understanding of both the community and the world beyond each student’s experience, and provides its students and employees with opportunities to lead and grow in a culture of mutual respect, creativity, innovation, and critical thinking. CFIS is a caring and supportive community for its students, faculty, and staff.
REPORTS TO: Principal of Secondary
POSITION GROUP: Faculty
STATUS: Ten Month, Full-Time, Probationary
The learning strategist will provide social emotional support for students in the secondary division, collaborate with classroom teachers in the implementation of various strategies and communicate with parents. Collaboration with other members of the Student Learning and Well-Being team is essential. If the successful candidate is a certified teacher, additional FTE may allow for this position to be full time.
Meet with individual students, collaborate with teachers and parents, create, implement and monitor students’ progress in regards to social-emotional learning and well-being.
- Support students to advocate for their learning needs;
- Help students develop personalized strategies;
- Provide individual student and group learning support;
- Maintain working files on students who require support;
- Provide best-practice professional development for CFIS faculty with respect to strategies to support student learning;
- Maintain regular communication with staff about effective learning strategies for students;
- Consult with parents and provide ongoing communication;
- Coordinate support meetings with students/families and external resources.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor of Education, Bachelor/Master of Psychology;
- Valid Alberta Teaching Certificate, Alberta Interim Teaching Certificate (with BEd);
- Bilingual (French and English) preferred; and
- Certification in Mental Health First Aid preferred.
The successful candidate will need to provide an updated Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (two shots approved by Health Canada) prior to commencing work.
Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies Required:
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team, as a contributing member;
- A solution-oriented focus to problem-solving;
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationships with students, parents, faculty and staff;
- Strong communication skills with parents and stakeholders both in written communications and in meetings;
- Demonstrate exemplary professionalism in dealings with all stakeholders; and
- Interpersonal skills that foster collegiality and blend with CFIS’s values.
As per the CFIS teaching salary grid.
The posting will remain open until the position is filled. If you meet the above qualifications and wish to apply, please click here to Apply Now. All applicants are thanked in advance for their submissions.