Prince George, BC
Grade 4/5 French Immersion
How to Apply:
Please apply to the specific posting at https://www.makeafuture.ca/regions-districts/bc-public-school-districts/central-bc/prince-george/
- Click ‘Apply Online’ to sign in/register
- Apply to this job posting
- Check your ‘Job Application Log’ to confirm that you have successfully applied.
Your application must include:
- A letter of application and resume
- Bachelor of Education (Elementary or Secondary) degree, or equivalent training
- Valid BC Teaching Certificate (or proof that you are in the process of certification)
- TQS card (or information about your current status)
- Teaching/practicum reports
- Post-secondary transcripts
- 3 current professional references and their email addresses.
By application, candidates give permission to the Prince George School District to contact any references, or any past or present employers named in the application. This posting will remain open until filled. We regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the principal: Monique Engert, email@example.com or Jenny Rankin, District Principal, Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Facebook at School District No. 57 or on Twitter @HRsd57.
Prince George, a city of 75,000 people, is centrally located in beautiful British Columbia. As the home of the University of Northern British Columbia, the College of New Caledonia, and the University Hospital of Northern British Columbia, the city is the regional hub for education and healthcare. Prince George is also a centre for business, industry, shopping and dining, and has an active arts and entertainment scene.
For sports fans, there are two junior hockey teams – the Prince George Cougars of the Western Hockey League and the Prince George Spruce Kings of the B.C. Hockey League – as well as varsity soccer and basketball teams at UNBC. For those who would rather participate, Prince George has recreational options in several sports, multiple golf courses, a full-service aquatic centre and international-calibre ski trails at the Caledonia Nordic Ski Club. The city hosted the Canada Winter Games in 2015.
Prince George is connected to the world by an international airport. Vancouver is one hour away by air, and, in the winter months, the Prince George Airport offers direct flights to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. By car, Prince George is four hours away from Jasper National Park, world-famous for its alpine vistas and teeming wildlife.
Prince George has some of the most affordable housing in B.C. and is the perfect place to raise a family.
School District No. 57 is a significant part of the Prince George community. Five of our secondary schools and 28 of our elementary schools are located in the city or surrounding region. As the second-largest district in B.C., we also have schools in McBride and Valemount to the east, Mackenzie to the north and Hixon to the south. We are situated on the ancestral lands of the Lheidli T’enneh First Nation in Prince George and McBride, the McLeod Lake Indian Band in the Mackenzie region, and the Simpcw First Nation in Valemount.
School District No. 57 employs approximately 2,100 people, has a student population of about 13,100 and is experiencing a growth trend.
Qualifications et exigences
In addition to your professional teaching certificate, you are skilled in the following areas:
- Planning and implementing the redesigned BC curriculum
- Leveraging technology to enhance learning
- Possess superior interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities
- Have experience working with students of Indigenous and multicultural backgrounds.
- Fully fluent in English and French