FSL LIAISON OFFICER – Contract
CALL FOR INTEREST
The National Table for French as a Second Language (NTFSL) is seeking a consultant to carry out a liaison mandate between the various French immersion and French second language teacher recruitment and retention projects supported by Canadian Heritage as part of the Government of Canada’s Action Plan for Official Languages 2018-2023. The French Immersion and French Second Language Teacher Recruitment and Retention Strategy supports various initiatives that address the shortage and retention of teachers in French immersion and French second language programs.
DURATION OF THE MANDATE
Between 30 and 50 days from September 13, 2021 to March 31, 2022 with the possibility of renewal (conditional on funding).
Please express your interest by July 16, 2021 by submitting a presentation document, a website or a resume to allow us to get to know you better.
For any questions – Chantal Bourbonnais 819-209-9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research and analyze the projects and create a fact sheet on each one of them. Keep this fact sheet up to date.
- Consolidate available information by theme.
- Act as a liaison between the different initiatives and the different partners of the NTFSL in order to facilitate or initiate collaborations.
- Share information with Canadian Heritage for the advancement of projects
- Act as a resource person at the NTFSL public meetings.
- Inform the members of the NTFSL of the progress of the various projects.
- Coordinate the development of a NTFSL website.
- Help promote initiatives related to the interests of NTFSL members
- Participate in regular NTFSL meetings as an observer and, upon request, as a presenter.
Qualifications and requirements
- Strong strategic abilities
- Understanding of partnership dynamics
- Faciliting skills to initiate partnerships
- Ability to grasp and vulgarize projects
- Exemplary communication skills (oral and written in both languages)
- Bilingualism essential
- Knowledge of French as a second language issues an asset