Learning Strategist – Temporary, Part Time
Calgary French & International School (CFIS) is a full French language immersion co-educational independent school, serving nearly 730 students from preschool through to Grade 12. For over 50 years, families have chosen CFIS because of our immersive French language learning environment that inspires children’s unique curiosity and exploration of the world around them.
Our dedicated faculty, staff and administration team partner with CFIS families to provide an extraordinary learning experience. Our students benefit from innovative teaching and learning approaches to address global challenges, and are empowered to take responsibility as open-minded, curious citizens who are prepared for the ever-changing world around them.
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Student Learning and Well-Being
POSITION GROUP: Faculty
STATUS: 0.5 FTE (additional FTE if certified teacher), Temporary, Job may last until June 30, 2023
We are looking for a part-time (0.5 FTE) Learning Strategist. If the successful candidate is a certified teacher, additional FTE may allow for this position to be full time. This position may last until June 30, 2023.
The learning strategist will coordinate individual program plans for students (grade levels to be determined), collaborate with classroom teachers in the implementation of various strategies and communicate monthly updates to parents. The learning strategist will be responsible for implementing and following up on Individual Support Plans for students and will also be part of a team in supporting students with their executive functioning skills and social emotional needs. Collaboration with other members of the Student Learning and Well-Being team is essential.
Meet with individual students, collaborate with teachers and parents, create, implement and monitor students’ academic progress.
- Support students to advocate for their learning needs;
- Help students develop personalized strategies for learning;
- Provide individual student and group learning support;
- Maintain working files on students who require support;
- Provide accommodations for assessments; and
- Track assessment data for students with ISP’s.
- Provide best-practice professional development for CFIS faculty with respect to strategies to support student learning; and
- Maintain regular communication with staff about effective learning strategies for students.
- Consult with parents and provide ongoing communication; and
- Coordinate support meetings with students/families and external resources.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor of Education;
- Valid Alberta Teaching Certificate, Alberta Interim Teaching Certificate (with BEd);
- Bilingual (French and English); and
- Valid first-aid certification (or willingness to obtain),
A minimum of years of teaching experience is required. The successful candidate will need to provide an updated Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening prior to commencing work.
Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies Required:
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team, as a contributing member;
- A solution-oriented focus to problem-solving;
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationships with students, parents, faculty and staff;
- Strong communication skills with parents and stakeholders both in written communications and in meetings;
- Demonstrate exemplary professionalism in dealings with all stakeholders; and
- Interpersonal skills that foster collegiality and blend with CFIS’s values;
- Excellent organizational and Time Management skills;
- Ability to create structured individualized programs to meet the needs of each student; and
- A solid understanding of the creation and implementation of Individual Support Plan.
As per the CFIS teaching salary grid.
The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
If this position sounds like the perfect fit for you, please submit your resume to Apply Now. Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At CFIS we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway with a cover letter and resume describing why you are a great fit and to help us learn more about you. You may be just the right candidate!
We thank all applicants in advance for their submission