Learning Strategist (Grades 5 to 7)
Calgary French & International School (CFIS) is a full French language immersion co-educational independent school, serving nearly 730 students from preschool through to Grade 12. For over 50 years, families have chosen CFIS because of our immersive French language learning environment that inspires children’s unique curiosity and exploration of the world around them.
Our dedicated faculty, staff and administration team partner with CFIS families to provide an extraordinary learning experience. Our students benefit from innovative teaching and learning approaches to address global challenges, and are empowered to take responsibility as open-minded, curious citizens who are prepared for the ever-changing world around them.
REPORTS TO: Principal of Secondary
POSITION GROUP: Faculty
STATUS: Ten Month, Part-Time 0.6 FTE, Temporary or Probationary
CFIS is seeking a Learning Strategist (Grades 5 to 7) for the 2023-2024 school year. The learning strategist will lead, model, and organize student support for students from grades 5-7. They will be responsible for developing, implementing, and following up on Individual Program Plans for grade 5-7 students. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
In collaboration with with teachers, students, and parents; create, implement, and monitor students’ Individualized Program Plans.
- Supporting students to advocate for their learning needs;
- Helping students develop personalized strategies for learning;
- Tracking assessment data for students with ISPs;
- Oversee the development and implementation of students on ISPs;
- Meet with parents in developing and updating them on their child’s ISP;
- Provide individual student and group learning support;
- Maintain working files on students who require support;
- Provide academic to students;
- Coordinate accommodations for exams;
- Support student transitions into Middle School;
- Will collaborate with classroom teachers to provide student accommodations in class as well as a specific focus on teaching executive functioning skills to all students;
- Provide best-practice professional development for CFIS faculty with respect to strategies to support student learning;
- Model planning and instructional strategies to support universal design for learning.
- Coordinate and facilitate communication between school and outside support agencies;
- Consult with parents and provide ongoing communication when appropriate;
- Coordinate support meetings with students/families and external resources.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor of Education;
- Valid Alberta Teaching Certificate, Alberta Interim Teaching Certificate (with BEd);
- Bilingual (French and English); and
- Valid first-aid certification (or willingness to obtain).
The successful candidate will need to provide an updated Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening prior to commencing work.
Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies Required:
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team, as a contributing member or as a leader of the team;
- A solution-oriented focus to problem-solving;
- A commitment in pursuing professional development with a focus on learning strategies, executive functioning and universal design for learning;
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationships with students, parents, faculty and staff;
- Strong communication skills with parents and stakeholders both in written communications and in meetings;
- Demonstrate exemplary professionalism in dealings with all stakeholders;
- Foster collegiality and further the common goals of CFIS’s mission, vision and values through their strong interpersonal skills.
As per the CFIS teaching salary grid.
If this position sounds like the perfect fit for you, please submit your resume to Apply Now. Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At CFIS we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway with a cover letter and resume describing why you are a great fit and to help us learn more about you. You may be just the right candidate!
We thank all applicants in advance for their submission