Learning Strategist « Orthopedagogue » (Gr 1 to 6)
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Student Learning & Well-Being
POSITION GROUP: Faculty
STATUS: Ten-Month, 1.0 FTE, Probationary
The learning strategist will oversee individual program plans for students, collaborate with classroom teachers in applying universal design to learning strategies, and provide regular communication to parents. The learning strategist will be responsible for implementing and following up on Instructional Support Plans for students in grades 1 to 6, as well as participating in the Response to Intervention school model.
CFIS is seeking a full-time or part-time, probationary Learning Strategist for the 2022-2023 academic school year. Responsibilities of the roles will include:
In collaboration with teachers, students, and parents, create, implement and monitor student progress.
- Support students to advocate for their learning needs;
- Help students develop personalized strategies for learning;
- Track assessment data for students with ISPs;
- Provide individual student and group learning support;
- Maintain working files on students who require support;
- Provide accommodations for grade 6, Provincial exams;
- Provide best-practice professional development for CFIS faculty with respect to strategies to support student learning;
- Provide teachers with coaching and mentorship in the development and implementation of differentiation;
- Maintain regular communication with staff about effective learning strategies for students;
- Consult with parents and provide ongoing communication;
- Coordinate support meetings with teachers/students/families and external resources.
- Bachelor of Education;
- Valid Alberta Teaching Certificate or Alberta Interim Teaching Certificate;
- Fluently bilingual (French and English); and
- Valid first-aid certification.
Experience and/or training in the RTI model, differentiation, executive functioning, and a strong understanding of pedagogy in a French immersion learning environment is required. The successful candidate will need to provide an updated Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (two shots approved by Health Canada) prior to commencing work.
Qualifications and requirements
Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies Required:
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team, as a contributing member;
- A solution-oriented focus to problem-solving;
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organization and time management skills;
- Demonstrate exemplary professionalism in dealings with all stakeholders;
- Interpersonal skills that foster collegiality and blend with CFIS’s values; and
- Demonstrated experiences as a dynamic, innovative and enthusiastic educator;
- Collaborative and flexible, supportive and a team player;
- Demonstrated commitment to educating the whole student;
- Committed to continuous professional growth and improvement;
- Ability to create structured individualized programs to meet the needs of each student; and
- A solid understanding of the creation and implementation of Individual Support Plans.
As per the CFIS teaching salary grid.
The posting will remain open until the position is filled. If you meet the above qualifications and wish to apply, please click here to Apply Now. All applicants are thanked in advance for their submissions.