Calgary French & International SchoolBack to job offers
Lead Teacher (Preschool to JK) – 2022/23
Temporaire ou occasionnel
May 7 2022
August 22 2022
Calgary French & International School (CFIS) is a full French language immersion co-educational independent school, serving over 750 students from preschool through to Grade 12. CFIS develops each student’s individual and academic potential in an academically rigorous program that is enriched with internationally-focused learning experiences and engagement in athletics and the fine arts. CFIS values openness, inquisitiveness, and understanding of both the community and the world beyond each student’s experience, and provides its students and employees with opportunities to lead and grow in a culture of mutual respect, creativity, innovation, and critical thinking. CFIS is a caring and supportive community for its students, faculty, and staff.
CFIS is seeking candidates for Anticipatory Lead Teacher positions in Early Childhood Education for the 2022-2023 school year. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop the preschool and/or junior kindergarten programs following an emergent curriculum model, based on observations and developmental needs, interests and abilities of the children;
- Adhere to best instructional practices in early childhood and French immersion education;
- Implement and evaluate daily, weekly, and monthly program plans;
- Act as a model of early childhood knowledge, practice, and professionalism;
- Facilitate language, social, cognitive, emotional, creative, and physical development of the children;
- Actively supervise the children and guide their behaviour;
- Maintain a clean, safe, organized, and welcoming learning environment;
- Communicate with parents in regard to children’s progress, needs, and routines;
- Assess and document children’s academic and developmental progress;
- Attend divisional and school-wide staff meetings and events;
- Represent their grade levels and the early childhood division in school and divisional committees and initiatives;
- Participate in professional workshops or courses for the improvement of Early Childhood Education;
- Collaborate with ECE team members for program implementation and development;
- Form collaborative partnerships with families and participate in parent teacher interviews;
- Maintain confidentiality about children, their families, and other employees inside and outside of the school;
- Follow directions given by Coordinator of Licensing, Principal of Early Childhood Education, and their designates;
- Other duties as needed.
Qualifications and requirements
- Early Childhood Certification with a minimum of Level 2 Child Care Worker is required,
- Valid Standard Level B (Childcare) First Aid certification;
- An understanding of the emergent curriculum model; and
- Fluent spoken French is required.
Prior experience with children aged 3-5 is required and experience in a licensed or accredited early childhood setting is desirable. The successful candidate will need to provide an updated Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (two shots approved by Health Canada) prior to commencing work.
Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Awareness of best practices in French immersion education;
- Awareness of licensing requirements in early childhood programs;
- Sensitivity to the needs and feelings of others;
- Warm, friendly, positive personality;
- Ability to relate well to children and colleagues;
- Exemplary communication skills;
- Professionalism in dealing with all stakeholders;
- Interpersonal skills that foster collegiality and blend with CFIS’s values; and
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth.
The content of job offers and the language chosen are the responsibility of the employer.