Grande Prairie, AB
Grade 7-8 Math/Science Teacher
École Montrose School is a French Immersion school with programming for students preschool to grade 8.
Students in French Immersion are in one of two tracks; Early Immersion, where they have started in preschool, kindergarten or grade 1 or Late Immersion, where they have start learning French in grade 5. École Montrose School has a proud tradition of student success in academics, athletics, personal development and citizenship. Students benefit from a very comprehensive educational program and graduates continue to be successful through their high school, post-secondary and community careers. Students at École Montrose are able to access The Academy sports programs and comprehensive district music programs.
École Montrose is proud to provide opportunities for students to excel, develop leadership skills and become active engaged citizens who can learn and work in French or English.
Grade 7-8 Math/Science Teacher
1.0 FTE Temporary Contract from October 1, 2021-June 29, 2022
Qualifications and requirements
Education and Experience:
- Valid Alberta Teaching Certificate or eligibility to obtain one.
- Bachelor of Education Degree or equivalent recognized by Alberta Education.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and lesson design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of student learning in a second language learning environment.
Demonstrated skills and competencies:
- Experience with or knowledge of second language pedagogy.
- Commitment to reflective practice and lifelong learning.
- An ethic to service of students, colleagues and community.
- Confidence, skill, knowledge and understanding of differentiated instruction, student engagement and assessment practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with the ability to create positive relationships and build rapport.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Trustworthiness and integrity.
- Commitment to fostering collaborative working relationships.
- Awareness and knowledge of the Alberta curriculum.
- Fluent in French and English (both oral and written). Candidates who submit DELF results of examinations taken within the last 3 years at a C1 or C2 level, will be exempt from completing language examinations. All other candidates will be asked to complete an oral and written assessment to demonstrate proficiency levels.
Applications should include:
- completed Apply to Education profile
- cover letter
- detailed resume
- three references with current contact information
Should you have any questions please contact email@example.com
We appreciate and thank you for your application; however, we contact only those candidates who are selected for an interview. GPPSD reserves the right to check references prior to the scheduling of interviews.
Grande Prairie Public School Division accepts applications for all positions online. All applicants, both internal and external, are required to create a profile and apply for career opportunities as they become available. Once you have successfully applied to a position you will receive a confirmation e-mail, and the job will be listed in your ‘Job Application Log’. If you require assistance registering for an account or uploading documents, please call 1-877-900-5627.
A current Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Intervention Record Check must be provided as a condition of employment.