Gr 9 FI Math & Science, Gr.8 FRAL Sci & Humanities
End Date: June 16, 2022
Qualifications and requirements
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Please clearly demonstrate on your cover letter and resume, how you meet the following qualifications and experience:
· Bachelor of Education or equivalent;
· Fully fluent in English & French;
· Experience teaching and/or Pre-Service Practicum teaching experience with math and/or sciences at the middle or secondary level;
· Experience teaching in a French or bilingual setting at the middle or secondary level;
· Experience differentiating teaching, learning and assessment in classrooms with a wide range of student abilities and learning styles.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND SUITABILITY:
· Experience incorporating indigenous ways of knowing and doing into math & science
· A knowledge of and sensitivity to the culture and aspirations of the First Nations people of Yukon and a culturally diverse student population;
· Ability to use math and science as a vehicle to build French Second Language skills;
· Ability to teach secondary courses/ classes in both English and French;
· Experience incorporating a wide range of formative and summative assessment tools;
· Strong classroom management, planning and organizational skills;
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work positively and collaboratively with students, staff and the school community;
· Experience working with, and effectively supporting, students with learning difficulties;
· Experience incorporating and utilizing technology and online learning platforms;
French proficiency level desired: C1
· If you are interested in the teaching position, please indicate clearly in your resume that you are bilingual (oral and written skills) and your proficiency in both official languages. French Language Proficiency will be tested as part of the assessment process.
· As English is the administrative language in the Government of Yukon, your cover letter and resume must be submitted in English.
· To be a Teacher in Yukon, you must hold a Teacher Certification in another Canadian province/territory first;
· Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check.
· Relocation may be available.
· The Government of Yukon announced October 15, 2021, that all public servants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Starting November 30, 2021, Government of Yukon employees will be required to have had one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Two doses will be required by January 30, 2022. By accepting an offer of employment you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the Government of Yukon.