FRIM Temporary Grade 5 Teacher
Applications are invited for the position of a Temporary French Immersion Teacher, at
École Mountain View School, in the Grande Yellowhead Public School Division.
Apply Now at: email@example.com
Position: Temporary FRIM Teacher – Grade 5
Location: École Mountain View School, Hinton AB
Start Date: August 30, 2022 to June 30, 2023, or until the return of the incumbent, whichever occurs sooner.
Hours of work: 1.0 FTE Monday to Friday, inclusive.
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be a collaborative person with proficiency in the use of educational technology and have an understanding of assessment for learning. The responsibilities include:
- Providing instruction to promote high quality student-centered learning.
- Designing and preparing lessons based on curriculum and following a variety of methodology in teaching and instructing students, including lectures, demonstrations and discussions.
- Facilitating inclusive educational practices to maximize educational opportunities for all students.
- Reviewing and evaluating each student’s performance, knowledge and skills and meeting all reporting and assessment deadlines.
- Adhering to provincial legislation, board policy and division administrative procedures.
- Developing constructive relationships with parents.
- Collaborate with other instructional staff members.
- Modelling commitment to professional development.
Additional Comments: The teaching assignment will include Grade 5 French Immersion and other complementary subjects to complete the assignment
Qualifications and requirements
The successful candidate will:
- Possess an Alberta Teaching Certificate or be eligible for one.
- Have experience in following the Teaching Quality Standard (TQS) and infusing literacy across the curriculum.
- Have experience in teaching elementary .
- Fluent in written and conversational French.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree of Education.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with a copy of all relevant transcripts. Resumes must highlight professional qualifications, any relevant training and experience, most recent professional evaluations and three current references indicating permission to contact.
In accordance with Board Policy, the successful applicant will be required to provide the following:
- A Vulnerable Sector Check
- A Intervention Record Check
We would like to thank all applicants in advance to all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted