FRIM Elementary Generalist Teacher
Applications are now being accepted for the position of a French Immersion Teacher at École Westhaven School, in the Grande Yellowhead Public School Division.
Position: French Elementary Generalist
Location: École Westhaven School
Start Date: August 30, 2022 until June 30, 2023
Hours of work: Monday-Friday 1.0 FTE
This opportunity will remain open thru: May 23, 2022
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be a collaborative person with proficiency in the use of educational technology and have an understanding of assessment for learning.
The responsibilities include:
· Providing instruction to promote high quality student-centered learning.
· Designing and preparing lessons based on curriculum and following a variety of methodology in teaching and instructing students, including lectures, demonstrations and discussions.
· Facilitating inclusive educational practices to maximize educational opportunities for all students.
· Reviewing and evaluating each student’s performance, knowledge and skills and meeting all reporting and assessment deadlines.
· Adhering to provincial legislation, board policy and division administrative procedures.
· Developing constructive relationships with parents.
· Modelling commitment to professional development.
Qualifications and requirements
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree of Education.
- Possess an Alberta Teaching Certificate or be eligible for one.
- Have experience in following the Teaching Quality Standard (TQS) and infusing literacy across the curriculum.
- Fluent in French Language
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with a copy of all relevant transcripts. Resumes must highlight professional qualifications, any relevant training and experience, most recent professional evaluations and three current references indicating permission to contact.
In accordance with Board Policy, the successful applicant will be required to provide the following:
- A Vulnerable Sector Check
- A Intervention Record Check
We would like to thank all applicants in advance to all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted