French Language Arts and Social Studies (Jr High)
REPORTS TO: Principal of Secondary
POSITION GROUP: Faculty
STATUS: Ten Month, Full-Time, Probationary (Part-Time job sharing may also be possible)
- Short-term and long-term curriculum planning;
- Lesson delivery and differentiation;
- Evaluation, assessment, and documentation of student progress;
- Classroom organization/management;
- Communicating with parents of students;
- Applying developmentally appropriate and current teaching methodologies;
- Implementation and integration of instructional technology; and
- Working collaboratively with colleagues.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor of Education;
- Eligible for or in possession of an Alberta Permanent or Interim Teaching Certificate;
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) required; and
- Valid first-aid certification (or willingness to obtain).
Prior experience teaching secondary level French Language Arts is desirable. The successful applicant will need to provide a recent Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (two shots approved by Health Canada prior to commencing work.
Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Strong planner and organizer with exemplary communication skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both French and English;
- Committed to providing quality educational experiences for students;
- Understanding of the philosophy and principles of French immersion education;
- Interpersonal skills that foster collegiality and blend with CFIS’s values;
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth; and
- Desire to pursue training with the International Baccalaureate organization.
International teaching experience is desirable but not essential.
As per the CFIS teaching salary grid.
The posting will remain open until the successful candidate is found. All applicants are thanked in advance for their submissions.