French Immersion Substitute Teachers (KG to Gr 12)
Calgary French & International School (CFIS) is a full French language immersion co-educational independent school, serving over 750 students from preschool through to Grade 12. CFIS develops each student’s individual and academic potential in an academically rigorous program that is enriched with internationally-focused learning experiences and engagement in athletics and the fine arts. CFIS values openness, inquisitiveness, and understanding of both the community and the world beyond each student’s experience, and provides its students and employees with opportunities to lead and grow in a culture of mutual respect, creativity, innovation, and critical thinking. CFIS is a caring and supportive community for its students, faculty, and staff.
CFIS is seeking candidates for French Language Immersion (FLI) Substitute Teacher positions for the 2021-2022 school year. Successful candidates would be available for on-call, casual replacement of classroom teachers. Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Implement and follow the daily program as per the plan provided by the Teacher;
- Provide feedback to the Teacher on instructional items completed or not completed during their absence;
- Work with students individually or in groups to develop knowledge, skills, and competencies;
- Provide thorough and active supervision of students at all times, and developmentally appropriate behavioural guidance;
- Participate in maintaining a safe, clean, and welcoming classroom environment;
- Support student’s ongoing development and growth, in alignment with best practices in French immersion education;
- Supervise outdoor play, snack, rest, and meal times as required and specified in the Teacher’s plan;
- Maintain professional attitudes and loyalty to CFIS;
- Maintain confidentiality about students, their families, and employees inside and outside of the school;
- Follow directions given by the Principal of Early Childhood Education, Principal of Elementary, Principal of Secondary and Head of School;
- Other relevant duties as needed.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor of Education;
- Eligible for or in possession of an Alberta Permanent or Interim Teaching Certificate; and
- Fluently bilingual (French and English).
The successful candidates will need to provide an updated Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (two shots approved by Health Canada) prior to commencing work.
Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Strong planner and organizer with exemplary communication skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in French and English;
- Committed to providing quality educational experiences for students;
- Understanding of the philosophy and principles of French immersion education is an asset;
- Interpersonal skills that foster collegiality and blend with CFIS’s values;
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth; and
- Desire to pursue training with the International Baccalaureate organization.
International teaching experience is desirable but not essential.
The pay rate for this position is $222.00 per full day and $111.00 per half day.
The posting will remain open until the successful candidates are found. All applicants are thanked in advance for their submissions.