French Immersion – Learning Assistance 1.0 FTE
Temporary from January 17, 2022 to June 16, 2022
Qualifications and requirements
Qualifications and Experience:
Please clearly demonstrate on your cover letter and resume, how you meet the following qualifications and experience:
· Bachelor of Education or equivalent;
· Training and/or university course work in Special Education;
· Experience with implementation of Individual Education Plans, Behaviour Support Plans and Safety Plans;
· Teaching experience in elementary classrooms serving diverse student populations;
· Experience instructing with specific reading intervention programs (such as Wilson Reading Program or Orton Gillingham Method) would be an asset;
· Fully fluent in French and English.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
· Ability to include and support Educational Assistants in the implementation of individual Education Plans, Behaviour Support Plans and Safety Plans;
· Strong classroom management that includes implementation of social/emotional pedagogy;
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills working with students, parents, administration, other staff members, consultants and related agencies;
· Ability to use a range of technology, including assistive technology;
· Ability to teach within any elementary classroom if needed;
· Knowledge of positive behaviour support, preventative practices and replacement practices, resiliency, the restorative justice framework, trauma-informed care to help guide student learning;
· Ability to integrate experiential learning and adaptive programming to better meet the special needs of students when required;
· Knowledge of, and sensitivity to culture and aspirations of Yukon First Nations and a culturally-diverse student population.
· French proficiency level desired: C1
· If you are interested in the teaching position, please indicate clearly in your resume that you are bilingual (oral and written skills) and your proficiency in both official languages. French Language Proficiency will be tested as part of the assessment process.
· As English is the administrative language in the Government of Yukon, your cover letter and resume must be submitted in English.
· To be a Teacher in Yukon, you must hold a Teacher Certification in another Canadian province/territory first;
· Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check.
· Relocation may be available.