French Immersion Homeroom Teachers (KG to Grade 6)
Calgary French & International School (CFIS) is a full French language immersion co-educational independent school, serving over 750 students from preschool through to Grade 12. CFIS develops each student’s individual and academic potential in an academically rigorous program that is enriched with internationally-focused learning experiences and engagement in athletics and the fine arts. CFIS values openness, inquisitiveness, and understanding of both the community and the world beyond each student’s experience, and provides its students and employees with opportunities to lead and grow in a culture of mutual respect, creativity, innovation, and critical thinking. CFIS is a caring and supportive community for its students, faculty, and staff.
CFIS is seeking candidates for anticipatory Homeroom Teacher (Kindergarten to Grade 6) positions for the 2022-2023 school year.
French is the language of instruction for these positions. Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Short-term and long-term curriculum planning;
- Lesson delivery and differentiation;
- Evaluation, assessment, and documentation of student progress;
- Classroom organization/management;
- Communicating with parents of students;
- Applying developmentally appropriate and current teaching methodologies;
- Implementation and integration of instructional technology; and
- Working collaboratively with colleagues.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor of Education;
- Eligible for or in possession of an Alberta Permanent or Interim Teaching Certificate;
- Fluently bilingual (French and English) is required for this position; and
- Valid first-aid certification (or willingness to obtain).
Prior experience teaching is desirable. The successful candidate will need to provide an updated Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (two shots approved by Health Canada) prior to commencing work.
Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Strong planner and organizer with exemplary communication skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in French and English;
- Committed to providing quality educational experiences for students;
- Understanding of the philosophy and principles of French immersion education is an asset;
- Interpersonal skills that foster collegiality and blend with CFIS’s values;
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth; and
- Desire to pursue training with the International Baccalaureate organization.
International teaching experience is desirable but not essential.