French Immersion Grade 6/7
Temporary full time from August 19, 2021 to December 17, 2021
Qualifications and requirements
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Please clearly demonstrate on your cover letter and resume, how you meet the following qualifications and experience:
· Bachelor of Education or equivalent with specialization in intermediate education and/or French Immersion;
· Teaching experience and/or pre-service practicum teaching experience at the intermediate grade level in a French Immersion Program in the last 5 years;
· Experience embedding formative assessment into teaching and learning;
· Experience with project-based teaching would be an asset;
· Fully fluent in English and French.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND SUITABILITY:
· Strong background and knowledge in assessment for learning pedagogy and practices;
· Strong classroom management, planning, and organization skills;
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills working with students, parents, administration, other staff members, and consultants;
· Ability to teach using differentiated instruction in daily practice;
· Strong knowledge in teaching and assessment strategies in numeracy and literacy;
· Ability to deliver curriculum through outdoor experiential activities;
· Ability to teach in classrooms where students present with a wide range of abilities and learning styles;
· Ability to develop and implement Individual Education Plans (IEPs);
· Ability to provide interactive learning experiences through the use of technology (including a Promethean Board and an iPad) would be an asset;
· Ability to work as a member of a professional team and willingness to participate in the total school program;
· An awareness of the unique challenge of northern education;
· Knowledge of and sensitivity to the culture and aspirations of Yukon First Nations people and a culturally diverse student population.
· French proficiency level desired: C1
· If you are interested in the teaching position, please indicate clearly in your resume that you are bilingual (oral and written skills) and your proficiency in both official languages. French Language Proficiency will be tested as part of the assessment process.
· As English is the administrative language in the Government of Yukon, your cover letter and resume must be submitted in English.
· To be a Teacher in Yukon, you must hold a Teacher Certification in another Canadian province/territory first;
· Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check.
· Relocation may be available.