French Immersion – Grade 1/2
École Centennial Park Elementary is a Kindergarten through grade 5 school with 7 English divisions and 4 French Immersion divisions, and a total of approximately 230 students. We have a diverse student population, and we are passionate about providing a welcoming and safe school culture where all our students have the opportunity to grow and thrive. As a staff we focus on being trauma-informed, and on embracing the First Peoples Principles of Learning in our classrooms. We work collaboratively with each other and with families to meet the needs of all our students.
Abbotsford School District 34
French Immersion – Grade 1/2
Posted on: August 31, 2022 at 10:00am
Closes on: Ongoing
Posting Reference Number:T23 TEL 157 TEM
Location: Centennial Park Elementary
Commencement Date: ASAP
Contract: Temporary to June 30, 2023
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate fluency in written and spoken French, plus a good working knowledge of English
- Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of the Elementary French Immersion program
- Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of a balanced literacy program including guided reading and assessment
All teachers are expected to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others in a tactful, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Organization & Planning: Ability to plan and organize for effective instruction, differentiation and assessment
- Classroom Management: Create and maintain an optimal learning environment for each student while managing student behavior and classroom dynamics.
- Facilitation & Engagement: Ability to capture and maintain students’ interest, effort, participation and enthusiasm for both the content and the process of learning
- Assessment & Coaching: Utilize balanced assessment and feedback to improve student learning including the use of formative and summative assessment strategies.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Collaborate with others to achieve group goals and objectives
- Caring & Inclusiveness: Create and maintain an environment that is caring, inclusive and supportive of all students
- Flexibility & Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility in our ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstances
How to Apply
The Abbotsford School District only accepts online applications. Please apply using the appropriate method listed below.
Qualifications and requirements
Education & Experience
- Elementary teacher training with major/minor in French
- Major practicum work in French Immersion at the Primary level
- Experience teaching French Immersion at the Primary level
- Eligible for B.C. Certification
- Satisfactory teacher evaluation and/or final practicum reports