Port Alberni, BC
French Immersion 8/9
School District 70 Pacific Rim
Employment Opportunity: French Immersion grade 8/9 (semester 2)
The School District
The Pacific Rim School District covers much of Central Vancouver Island’s rugged, picturesque West Coast and serves a regional population of approximately 31,000 residing in the communities of Port Alberni, Tofino, Ucluelet, Bamfield and other remote communities. The schools are situated on the ha-houlthees of the cı̓šaaʔatḥ, hupačasath, tla-o-qui-aht, Yuułuʔiłʔatḥ, and Huu-ay-aht First Nations. The school district respectfully acknowledges that it works alongside all Nuu-chah-nulth Nations, other First Nations, and Metis and Inuit of British Columbia to serve all children and youth of the Alberni-Clayoquot region.
The district is home to 4000 students, 35% of whom are of Indigenous ancestry, in two neighbourhood secondary schools, eight elementary schools, and one K-9 school. The district has a successful alternate learning centre, a strong French Immersion program, a thriving international student program, and a busy continuing education program.
Ecole Alberni District Secondary School is a school of 1400 grade 8-12 students. The French Immersion program consists of one division at each grade level.
To view the job posting online, please visit Make a Future at https://bit.ly/3GhH4bD.
Qualified applicants can send their applications to email@example.com. For more information regarding the posting, please contact Principal Rob Souther at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications and requirements
Qualifications, Experience, Attributes
Preferred candidates will have successful experience teaching French Immersion at a grade 8 and higher grade level.
- A valid British Columbia teaching certificate
- Knowledge of current educational trends and best practice relating to instruction and assessment, emphasizing best practice in French Immersion practice
- Knowledge of and experience with social and emotional learning, mental health, and well-being research and curriculum
- Ability to develop fair and effective student behaviour support systems.
- Knowledge of and experience in effective ways to use technology as tools to enhance student learning
- Sense of humour and ability to work in a `fast-paced environment