French Immersion 10-12, CORE French 11-12 Teacher
Coast Mountain School District 82
Click Here to Learn More About Us! – Recruitment Video
About our Community – Northwest British Columbia
Visit Our Website – Coast Mountains School District 82
Available Job Opportunities – Teacher Job Postings
Coast Mountains School District 82 has a rich tapestry of cultures, backgrounds, learning styles and needs. Located in the northwest of British Columbia our school district encompasses the traditional territories of four Indigenous nations, the Gitxsan, the Haisla, the Nisga’a and the Tsimshian, and the main communities of the Hazeltons, Kitimat, Stewart, Terrace and Thornhill.
The Gitxsan territory of the Hazelton area is made up of seven nations including the Gitanmaax, Gitanyow, Gitsegukla, Gitwangak, Glen Vowell, Hagwilget and Kispiox located through the Hazelton communities and the Kispiox Valley. The Haisla territory is centered in Kitamaat Village and the Tsimshian territory has two distinct First Nations band communities consisting of Kitselas and Kitsumkalum in the Terrace and Thornhill areas. The richness of the local Indigenous culture and history contributes to all our schools in a very positive way as both Indigenous and non-Indigenous learners benefit from the diversity surrounding them.
The School District serves a student population of approximately 4,100 students in nineteen schools including three alternate programs and a trades learning centre that encompasses dual-credit, distance learning and continuing education programs, with 800 employees (casual employees included). The operating budget is approximately $66 million, and the geographical area covered by the district is of equivalent size to the country of Finland.
The Board of Education Office is located in Terrace with Kitimat a forty‐five-minute drive from the office, Kitwanga a one-hour drive, the Hazeltons one and a half hours, and Stewart three and a half hours. Together we are a caring, inclusive, and committed learning community dedicated to supporting each of our unique learners so they will have the skills and competencies they need to be productive and successful citizens in a rapidly changing world.
The Teaching Vacancy:
School – Caledonia Secondary School, Terrace, BC
Position – Continuing, full-time (1.00 FTE) French Immersion 10-12, CORE French 11-12 & Other Teacher
Start Date – September 1, 2022.
Interested Applicants are Required to Supply:
- Cover Letter
- Three (3) professional references.
- Verification of qualifications (BC Teacher Certificate) or eligible to obtain.
- Teacher Qualification Card.
- Salary as per collective agreement. Current salary grid is $53,843 – $96,727 is in accordance with the Collective Agreement in place between the Coast Mountain Teachers’ Federation and the Board of School Trustees.
- $1500 – $3500 relocation allowances for teachers from other areas.
- $2673 Recruitment and Retention allowance for all teachers (paid over 10 months of the school year, based on FTE).
- Isolation Allowance for our remote communities: Hazelton – $1069, Kitwanga – $1269, Stewart – $ 4006.
- Benefits as per the collective agreement with option to enroll in medical, dental, extended health and group life insurance.
- Learning together, realizing success for all.
- Supporting all learners to achieve their individual success while inspiring a passion for lifelong learning
- All students to realize their full potential
- Honor and respect culture, diversity and inclusion
- Facilitate well-being across Coast Mountains School District 82
For More Information – please contact:
Kiran Bath – Director of Human Resources, email@example.com – (250) 638-4441
Jennifer Connor – Human Resource Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org – (250) 638-4403
Or send us email at email@example.com
Learning Together, Realizing Success for All – Engage, Ignite, Empower
Qualifications and requirements
Qualifications and Experience:
- Valid BC Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate (or eligible for).
- Experience teaching students at all grade levels.
- Working knowledge of the learning standards, curricular competencies, and core competencies within the revised BC Curriculum.
- Ability to work as part of a team to develop and implement individualized learning plans for with academic, social and emotional learning difficulties.
- Demonstrate strong classroom management skills.
- Ability to relate well with students, parents and staff members.
- Committed to following the goals and strategies outlined in the school and district framework for enhanced learning