Prince George, BC
French Immersion 1.0 FTE Cont – Humanities 8-12
About School District 57
School District No. 57 serves approximately 13,000 students in 40 schools in an area that extends from Mackenzie to the north, through Prince George, west to Cluculz Lake, south to Hixon and east to McBride and Valemount to the Alberta Border.
The district employs approximately 1,850 people, making it one of the largest employers outside of the lower mainland of British Columbia.
We are a dynamic and progressive district. Prince George’s education system encompasses 32 elementary 8 secondary and the Centre for Learning Alternatives. The district offers choice schools in the area of Montessori, French Immersion and Traditional.
Life in the Central Interior of British Columbia
Known as BC’s northern capital, Prince George is a bustling city of over 77,000 residents, situated at the crossroads of Hwy. 97 (north-south) and Hwy. 16 (east-west), and at the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako Rivers. As a major City of the Pacific Rim, Prince George is firmly tied to the global market. The area offers a lifestyle that is definitely worth boasting about. Residents enjoy affordable housing, incomes above provincial averages, an extensive range of quality services, and cultural and sports events. Recreational opportunities are second to none and range from golfing, skiing, fishing and hunting to an endless list of team sports. Local post secondary educational facilities include the University of Northern British Columbia and the College of New Caledonia.
- Up to $1,000 relocation allowance for teachers’ relocation from within BC; Up to $1,500 for teachers relocating from AB, SK & MB; and up to $2,000 for teachers relocating from all other provinces and out of country.
- Salary as per collective agreement. Current salary grid is $49,769 – $95,681. Salary is based on TQS and prior experience.
- Benefits as per collective agreement with option to enroll in Dental, Extended Health, and Group Life Insurance. Benefits are employer paid based on FTE
Duchess Park Secondary-French Immersion 1.0 Continuing Humanities 8-12
Interested applicants are required to supply
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Evaluations
- Practicum Reports
- Certificates & Diplomas (Bachelor of Education)
- Teaching Qualifications/Licenses (BC Teaching Certificate, BC TQS card)
- 3 current professional references and their email addresses
- By applications, candidates give permission to School District No. 57 to contact any references or any past or present employers named in the application
For more information regarding the position please contact:
Jenny Rankin, District Principal at email@example.com
If you are experiencing difficulties with submitting your application, please contact our HR Assistant, Brittany Simrose at 250-561-6800 ext 812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications with relevant documentation must be made through
Make A Future for consideration for the position. (Job Code: 3191070)
Qualifications and requirements
- Valid BC Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate (or proof of application)
- Qualified/experienced in French Immersion
- Fluency in written and spoken French language