Early French Immersion Kindergarten – 1.0 FTE
Temporary August 19, 2021 to June 15, 2022
Qualifications and requirements
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Please clearly demonstrate on your cover letter and resume, how you meet the following qualifications and experience:
· Bachelor of Education or equivalent with specialization in elementary education
· Post-secondary training in teaching French Immersion and/or second language acquisition
· Recent teaching experience and/or pre-service practicum teaching experience in primary, French Immersion Programming including experiential and play-based instruction
· Recent experience implementing inclusive instructional and assessment practices in diverse classroom settings in either teaching or pre-service teaching
· Recent teaching experience and/or pre-service teaching experience in experiential and play-based instruction
· Recent teaching experience and/or pre-service teaching experience in the delivery of balanced literacy and/or numeracy instruction
· Training and experience in the Neurolinguistic Approach (certification preferred) would be an asset
· Fully fluent in English and French
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND SUITABILITY:
· Strong background and knowledge in assessment for learning pedagogy and practices
· Strong classroom management, planning, and organization skills
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills working with students, parents, administration, other staff members, and consultants
· Strong knowledge in teaching and assessment strategies in numeracy and literacy
· Ability to deliver curriculum through outdoor experiential activities
· Ability to teach in classrooms with a wide range of abilities and learning styles
· Ability to develop and implement Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
· Ability to provide interactive learning experiences through the use of technology (including a Promethean Board and an iPad) would be an asset
· Ability to work as a member of a professional team and willingness to participate in the total school program
· An awareness of the unique challenge of northern education
· Knowledge of and sensitivity to the culture and aspirations of Yukon First Nations people and a culturally diverse student population
· French proficiency level desired: C1
· If you are interested in the teaching position, please indicate clearly in your resume that you are bilingual (oral and written skills) and your proficiency in both official languages. French Language Proficiency will be tested as part of the assessment process.
· As English is the administrative language in the Government of Yukon, your cover letter and resume must be submitted in English.
· To be a Teacher in Yukon, you must hold a Teacher Certification in another Canadian province/territory first.
· Successful applicants will be required to undergo a security/vulnerable sector check.
· Relocation may be available.