Our dedicated faculty, staff and administration team partner with CFIS families to provide an extraordinary learning experience. Our students benefit from innovative teaching and learning approaches to address global challenges, and are empowered to take responsibility as open-minded, curious citizens who are prepared for the ever-changing world around them.
The CFIS Advancement team leads fundraising, alumni relations, enrolment, communications and marketing efforts to advance the mission and vision of CFIS. We are currently looking for an experienced fundraising and community relations professional to join our high performing team.
REPORTS TO: Band and Music Teachers
POSITION GROUP: Support Staff
STATUS: 0.6 FTE, Ten-Month, Temporary
Purpose of Position
The CFIS Music Intern will work closely with the CFIS Secondary Band and Music teachers in delivering an exceptional experience to students in Grades 7 to 12. This position will provide many opportunities to learn how to help manage a thriving band program. This person will assist with classroom and band organization, instrumental support, band material resource management, additional musical assistance for the CFIS band program and administrative assistance as required.
Areas of Responsibility
- Musical Library organization;
- Working with band students in various capacities (one-on-one or one-on-X musical guidance opportunities);
- Classroom music folder management;
- Musical item management;
- Classroom organization;
- Communication with external musical groups for festivals, concerts and band trips;
- Assisting with minor instrument repair;
- One-on-one musical guidance opportunities;
- Planning and organization of music related school trips and outings; and
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and requirements
- Fluent English is required for this position, French is preferred;
- Adequacy/Proficiency with one or several wind or percussion instruments;
- High school diploma;
- A degree of wind or percussion instrument proficiency;
- A Music education degree is preferred, but not required;
- Valid first-aid certification; and
- Prior experience in daily administration preferred.
The successful candidate will need to provide an updated Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (two shots approved by Health Canada) prior to commencing work.
Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Strong planner and organizer with exemplary communication skills;
- Strong collaborator;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- Committed to providing quality educational experiences for students;
- Interpersonal skills that foster collegiality and blend with CFIS’s values; and
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth.
The posting will close at 4:00 pm on Tuesday, September 20, 2022.
If this position sounds like the perfect fit for you, please submit your cover letter and resume to Apply Now. Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At CFIS we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway with a cover letter and resume describing why you are a great fit and to help us learn more about you. You may be just the right candidate!
We thank all applicants in advance for their submission.