Assistant Teacher (Preschool to Kindergarten)
REPORTS TO: Principal of Early Childhood Education / Coordinator of Accreditation & Licensing
POSITION GROUP: Non-Faculty
STATUS: Ten-Month, Full Time, Temporary & Probationary
CFIS is seeking candidates for an Assistant Teacher position in Early Childhood Education for the 2022-2023 school year. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the implementation of the daily program and instructional activities;
- Work with children individually or in small groups to develop knowledge, skills, and competencies;
- Provide thorough and active supervision of students at all times, and developmentally appropriate behavioural guidance;
- Participate in maintaining a safe, clean, and welcoming classroom environment;
- Collaborate with ECE team members for program implementation and development;
- Support children’s ongoing development and growth, in alignment with best practices in early childhood and French immersion education;
- Supervise outdoor play, snack, rest, and meal times;
- Lead and implement before- and/or after-school programming for students in preschool to Grade 6;
- Maintain professional attitudes and loyalty to CFIS;
- Participate in professional workshops or courses for the improvement of Early Childhood Education;
- Maintain confidentiality about children, their families, and other employees inside and outside of the school;
- Follow directions given by lead teacher, Coordinator of Licensing and Accreditation; Coordinator of Before and After School Programs, and Principal of Early Childhood Education; and.
- Other duties as needed.
Qualifications and requirements
- Early Childhood Certification with a minimum of Level 1 Child Care Assistant required; Level 2 or higher is an asset;
- Valid Standard Level B (Childcare) First Aid certification;
- An understanding of the emergent curriculum model; and
- Fluent spoken French is required.
Prior experience with children aged 3-5 is desirable. The successful candidate will need to provide an updated Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (two shots approved by Health Canada) prior to commencing work.
Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Awareness of best practices in French immersion education;
- Awareness of licensing requirements in early childhood programs;
- Sensitivity to the needs and feelings of others;
- Warm, friendly, positive personality;
- Ability to relate well to children and colleagues;
- Exemplary communication skills;
- Professionalism in dealing with all stakeholders;
- Interpersonal skills that foster collegiality and blend with CFIS’s values; and
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth.
As per the CFIS hourly pay grid.
The posting will remain open until the position is filled. If you meet the above qualifications, Apply Now. All applicants are thanked in advance for their submissions.