Anticipatory Faculty Teaching Positions (KG – Gr5)
Calgary French & International School (CFIS) is a full French language immersion co-educational independent school, serving nearly 730 students from preschool through to Grade 12. For over 50 years, families have chosen CFIS because of our immersive French language learning environment that inspires children’s unique curiosity and exploration of the world around them.
Our dedicated faculty, staff and administration team partner with CFIS families to provide an extraordinary learning experience. Our students benefit from innovative teaching and learning approaches to address global challenges, and are empowered to take responsibility as open-minded, curious citizens who are prepared for the ever-changing world around them.
POSITION GROUP: Faculty
STATUS: Ten Month, Full-Time, Temporary and Probationary
CFIS is now accepting applications for anticipatory faculty teaching positions (kindergarten to grade 5) for the 2023-2024 school year.
French is the language of instruction for this position. Responsibilities of this role will include:
· Short-term and long-term curriculum planning;
· Lesson delivery and differentiation;
· Evaluation, assessment, and documentation of student progress;
· Classroom organization/management;
· Parent Communication;
· Applying developmentally appropriate and current teaching methodologies;
· Implementation and integration of instructional technology; and
· Working collaboratively with colleagues.
Qualifications and requirements
· Bachelor of Education;
· Eligible for or in possession of an Alberta Teaching Certificate or Alberta Interim Teaching Certificate;
· Fluently bilingual (French and English) is required for this position; and
· Valid first-aid certification.
The successful applicant will need to provide a recent Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening prior to commencing work.
Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies Required
· Strong planner and organizer with exemplary communication skills;
· Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French;
· Committed to providing quality educational experiences for students;
· Understanding of the philosophy and principles of French immersion education is an asset;
· Interpersonal skills that foster collegiality and blend with CFIS’s values; and
· International teaching experience is desirable but not essential.
As per the CFIS teaching salary grid.
If this position sounds like the perfect fit for you, please submit your cover letter and resume to Apply Now. Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At CFIS we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway with a cover letter and resume describing why you are a great fit and to help us learn more about you. You may be just the right candidate!
We thank all applicants in advance for their submission.