K – 12 French Immersion Teacher Permanent & Term Contracts
We are currently inviting applicants for anticipated teaching opportunities in one of our 32 schools that provide the French Immersion curriculum across Prince Edward Island serving students from Kindergarten to Grade 12.
The Public Schools Branch will be interviewing for French Immersion positions that will be available beginning the 2021-2022 school year. Interviews will be held as soon as possible and may be done via telecommunications.
Applications will be received for the competition which is posted under “External Postings” on the JobsPEI website http://www.gov.pe.ca/jobs
Instructions can be found at https://edu.princeedwardisland.ca/psb/employment-in-the-public-schools-branch/how-to-apply-for-employment/
Note: As per the PEITF Memorandum of Agreement, priority consideration will be given to teacher applications who have the qualifications and have been employed by the Public Schools Branch for at last 370 days of Fixed Term contract time cumulatively in the three (3) most recent school years.
French Immersion positions will be available in Grades K – 12 as Probationary and/or Fixed Term Contract for the 2021-2022 school year. Contract type and the location will be determined after internal processes are complete.
Qualifications and requirements
· Applicants must meet the French Language Proficiency requirement of Superior or Exempt as determined by the Ministers Directive;
· Applicants must have or be eligible to hold a valid PEI Teacher’s License;
· Possess a good understanding of language acquisition;
· Exhibit superior interpersonal skills;
· Possess an ability to utilize a rich variety of teaching strategies;
· Knowledge of the play-based curriculum (required for Kindergarten positions only);
· Proficiency with the English language;
· Knowledge and experience with modifications to curriculum;
· Knowledge and awareness of student learning needs and curriculum at the grade level;
· Knowledge of differentiated instruction;
· Good classroom management and organizational skills, knowledge and experience with effective teaching strategies and be able to demonstrate teamwork, effective oral and written communication skills, and collaborative practices;
· Commitment to school community, demonstrate commitment to ongoing learning and must be able to facilitate communications with parents.
The following would be considered assets:
· Experience with StudentsAchieve(SAS);
· Experience with IEP’s and Running Records.
Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided.
The Public Schools Branch is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. The Public Schools Branch is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, colour, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.